Morrison Collection is the first major rare book collection that the Library received. The history of this collection goes back to 1806 when a library was set up by the members of the English Factory in Canton. The collection later formed the basis of the library of the Morrison Education Society set up as a memorial to the Rev. Robert Morrison, D.D. who died in 1834. The Morrison Education Society’s library first moved to Macao in 1841 and then to Hong Kong in 1842. In 1869 the collection became part of the stock of the newly opened City Hall Library, but a few years later it was loaned to the newly established University of Hong Kong in 1914. In 1925 the collection was made over permanently to the University. Selected titles from Morrison Collection have been digitized to provide open access.
Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. Select Committee on the East India Company
Great Britain. Parliament. House of Lords